We were able to stay with my Aunt Sandy, Uncle Tom, and cousin Jen who live in Navarre, less then 5 minutes from the beach. Mama and Papa met us there. We are so thankful that they let us come and stay with them. We were probably the messiest guests they've had. With all 4 of us in one bedroom. It looked like a bomb went off in there. :)
It took me a while to bring myself to attack this blog entry. Now I know why. Looking at these pictures makes me so sad. So sad that we can't go back! Look at the beautiful blue ocean at Navarre Beach. Oh, to just go back again for just a few more days!
Little guy, on the other hand, never became a huge fan on the water. He preferred the sand. He dug in it, built with it, rolled in it and even ate it! We couldn't keep his hands and snacks out of the sand. He was always covered in it. We figured if he didn't mind eating sand, then I guess we wouldn't mind either.
>While by the beach, we had to enjoy beach side dining. We ate at Anglers on our fist full day of vacation. We enjoyed some cold "smoothies", as Sissy called them, while sitting on the pier. Lunch seems to taste so much better when the background is filled with the sound of waves and views of crystal blue oceans.
We walked by this large colorful slide, that's in the background, every time we went to Navarre Beach, which was almost daily. As we walked by I would ask, "Want to go down that with me?" Of course, each child would respond with a quick and very sure, "NO!" On the last day as we were walking back to the car, ready to pack up and head home, Sissy looks at me and says under her breath, "I guess I'll go down that." I couldn't believe it. My little chicken of a daughter wanted to try to go down a huge water slide with me. She did it! We slid down together, spinning the whole way down. It was so fun.
And so it came to an end. The dolphins finally blessed us with a showing at Navarre beach. We had been looking all week for some and they finally arrived on our last day as if to say, "bye." We had such a good time. I was too busy watching for them, that I didn't snap a picture. I'm already looking forward to our next beach vacation!



