
I think baby brother may have to be called my "Little Guy" soon. He is growing up so fast these last few months. Tonight is a night when it all sank in to me and I realized, he's not a baby anymore. I immediately had to blog about it before the thoughts left my mind....
I saw the light tonight during his bed time routine. He said, "No, Momma. I read it." And he read me 2 bedtime stories instead of me reading to him. At times, I tried to help him with the words (which he had memorized of course) and he wouldn't let me. "I do it!" he would exclaim. So, I sat back and listened to my little guy read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and "Red Hat, Green Hat." Was every word correct? No. It didn't have to be. He felt successful because he was able to retell it based on his knowledge of colors and the pattern of the books. He has reached one of the first steps in the reading process! Yay, Buddy! He has come such a long way! So, so, so proud of my Little Guy!



