Monday, June 18, 2012

Our little surprise has arrived.....

The morning of my scheduled c-section, I was filled with anxiety and nerves. I was nervous and worried about EVERYTHING! Little did I know, one little guy was about to erase all those worries away. I now know what it feels like to be truly surprised. This whole pregnancy I was absolutely convinced that this baby was going to be a girl. I even at times said I would bet the house on it. Well, it's a good thing I didn't because I couldn't have been any more wrong. The doctor let my husband do the announcing in the operating room. As he looked over to see what we were having, he paused for quite a while because he was a little shocked. I had him convinced that it was a girl also. Then he announced that, "It's a boy!" Instant excitement and an overwhelming feeling came over us. Tears came pouring out of me because we had just experienced one of the best true surprises of our life. A baby boy was perfect for us! From that point on, we were completely in LOVE. That night after he was born, i couldn't sleep. I was finally relaxed and no longer worried. I just soaked it all in while holding him. We let the big brother and big Sissy come in and visit before everyone else. All along, big brother guessed it was going to eb a boy and big sis said it would be a girl. Sis was very convinced it would be a girl. Probably due in part by hearing me talk so much about it. When we told them it was a boy. Sis' face went blank and she quickly responded with "Why?" We burst out in laughter. Her quick thinking personality began working to overcompensate. She instantly started smiling and said things like, "I love baby boys. They are the best. My friend at school has 2 little brothers. etc.." It was priceless and we caught it all on video. :) Big Sis' surprise turned to instant love, too. She can't keep her hand off of him. She loves to hold him, rock him ,and sing songs. The little guy also loves holding him. He wasn't too sure about him in the hospital. However, once we brought him home, he realized he was ours to keep. He loves holding him too. We are blessed more than possible with 3 great kids!