1 week ago
Friday, December 28, 2012
Christmas Festivities!
Here are a few snapshots from all the festivities we did this past month. It was so much fun and made the month fly by so fast.
Christmas Trains~ We saw the Christmas trains again this year. The kids are finally old enough to partake in the seek and find activity that goes along with it. They found everything.
Going Gluten Free made us rethink our Christmas baking. This year we made candies instead of cookies. It was very easy and a big hit.
Santa showed up at a friends Christmas party. The kids had lots of opportunities to ask Santa for what they wanted. they sat on Santas lap at least 5 times! Each time asking for a "big jeep" and an "American Girl Doll"
Surprise! Santa showed up Christmas Eve at Mama and Papa's house, also. The kids had one last chance to ask him for what they wanted. Below they were looking out the window after Santa left. They swear they saw a red light from Rudolph's nose and a flash of light dash across the sky.
Another Christmas surprise involved a weekend trip. We had fun getting away and seeing all the lights.
Baby Boys FIRST Christmas gift. From Great Grandma Shirley!
Great Grandma Shirley
Santa pulled through with a win. He got his BIG JEEP and she got her AMERICAN GIRL DOLL.
And this guy...He was a happy little present himself. He was such a good boy over the Holidays. Never got crabby, even when up to 11:00 sitting on my lap as we played games Christmas Eve.
THis Christmas was bitter sweet for me. I think we had the most fun as a family. It seems to get better each year as the kids get older and as our family grows. However, this also marks the end of my maternity leave. When he was born, it seemed like January was sooo long away. I thought it would make it easier to return after a long time off. I couldn't have been more wrong. My heart aches at the thought of going back. I have been placing the thought out of my mind to avoid the realization of it. I only have a few more days and then the realization is going to hit me...at about 5:30 AM! I am giving my worries to God and believe that I will have a different plan next year.



