Sunday, January 6, 2013

Miss You Much!

It's only been 3 days back at work and I am already reflecting on all the fun times I had while at home. Many of the things at the time seemed little, not monumental. However, now that I don't get to do them and may never get to do them again, they seem very important...and are very missed. The evenings seem to be the worst, as I anticipate the sadness of missing the kids during the next day. My heart aches to be with them.
I miss....
Spending time with this little guy. Everyday as we passed the bowling alley on our way to pick Sissy up, he would yell out, "You take me bowling some day?" I finally made time to take him bowling. He lasted about a game and a half before he tired out. He had fun.
I miss finding my phone filed with surprise pictures taken by someone other than me. Cookie the elf was a popular photo opp.
I miss taking him to do things during the day, like activities at the library.
I miss...
I dearly miss this little chubby guy. He was such a good baby. I couldn't have asked for anything better. He was such a great trooper. He got drug places everyday. He never had a consistent schedule because we were always on the go. He didn't mind. I thing he loved being out and about.
I miss wearing my moby wrap with him inside. I miss how he quickly fell asleep every time I put him in there. He loved being snuggled up close to me. I loved it too and loved having both hands free with a quiet baby.
I miss our morning walks. He loved to run up the hill looking for moths and spider webs.
I miss having extra time to watch the two of them play and not have to say, "Come on . we need to ..." Because we didn't have to rush around as much.
I miss watching big brother help out with little brother in ways that I might not always expect. He climbed in there and swears he was helping him. By the look on baby brothers face, not sure what kind of help he was giving. :)
I miss...
My daily routine. I miss volunteering at Sissy's school. Whenever I mentioned doing lunch duty, people would make a face as if it were a terrible thing. I found it quite a blessing. I was blessed to be able to go and see my daughter during the middle of her day. I was blessed that my daughter goes to a school where we are welcome to bring our younger children with us when we volunteer. I was able to see her and her brother enjoy their time together with her friends at recess. Little brother actually made a couple good friends that looked forward to his visits at school...and made Sissy a little jealous. He still says, "When I come to your school next time..." and then Sissy cuts him of. She realizes we aren't going up there any more but he has yet to understand it yet.
Some of the other volunteers would comment and call me super mom as I showed up with the baby wrapped to the front of me and 3 year old following behind. Nothing super about it...I just knew my time was limited to have this opportunity and why would I miss out on these memories.
Pajama day at her school.
I also miss picking heer up from school. I miss being there and seeing her walk from her teacher and hear about her day. I enjoyed chatting with the other parents adnseeing the kinderagtens run out togethr and give eachother hugs goodbye.
How could you resist this face? I already miss not being able to see all of his milestones first. With each baby, I worry as I work that I won't be the first to see all the first. The next time I will have time off with him, he will be almost a year old...not a baby anymore.
My sweet baby...my last sweet baby. Not only do I have to worry about missing his firsts, I also am slowly missing his lasts....after I read this following article, I found myself veiwing each thing he does and trying to decide if it may be his last. I am hanging onto my favorites. I am not letting him have a last time sleeping on my chest at 5am...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/devon-corneal/parenting-lasts_b_1874086.html